We all know that every day is special, but today is one of those extra special days. One of those days that will never occur again…at least not in my lifetime. Today is 10.10.10. The number 10 represents ordinal perfection. The completion of a set of numbers. The end of a decade. In Chicago, when somebody is operating at their max, we say they’re “on 10“. From a spiritual perspective, 10 represents the tithe…the 1oth of what you’ve been blessed with that is supposed to go back to the One that blessed you with everything. At this point, I think you catch my drift – 10 is a pretty significant number.
Today, in celebration of 10.10.10, I’ve selected the 10th track from 10 albums of 10 of my favorite artists. Partake.
1. Lauryn Hill, The Mis-Education of Lauryn Hill – Forgive Them Father
2. The Roots, How I Got Over – Doin It Again
3. Common, Be – They Say
4. Jay-Z, The Blueprint – Song Cry
5. Mary J. Blige, My Life – I’m Going Down
6. Erykah Badu, Mama’s Gun – Orange Moon
7. Kanye West, Graduation – Everything I Am
8. Mos Def, Tr3u Magic – Sun, Moon, Stars and The Ecstatic – Pistola
(I couldn’t decide on which one was better, so I gave you both)
9. Bilal, 1st Born Second – Soul Sista
10. The Foreign Exchange, Leave it All Behind – Something to Behold
10 artists, 10 albums, 10 classics. Happy Ten 10 Ten.